Love is an Action Verb
LOVE is a word with a lot of definitions. It gets confusing! In fact, I don't think we have nearly enough words in English to cover all the things "love" is used for.
- a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
- a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
- sexual passion or desire.
verb (used with object), loved, lov·ing.
- to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
- to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).